Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Comparing Customer Service of Mobile Subscribers

My mum's mobile plan is expiring in Jul 06 and the special rate she got is unlikely to be renewed. Knowing that my company has some corporate rates with the 3 mobile companies, I called them to check.

Starhub (8/10, becos this was what I expected)
The operator was able to answer all my questions at one go, and though I could only go down to Cuppage to register, I could also choose and buy a mobile phone on the spot to go together with the corporate line contract.


M1: 6/10
The operator had a cheerful voice. But I had to call another line for corporate plan , and she diverted me to that number (-1). Procedure was also complicated. I had to download a form, fax in with photocopies of my IC and staff pass before the SIM card is delivered to me. (-1)Then what about the mobile phone? It would be considered as an upgrade if I get a new phone within 3 months of my new corporate line. (The corporate line comes with a 3-month contract). Looks like I will not be able to enjoy the special price for new customers unlike starhub. (-2)

Singtel: negative infinity to O. (lost track of the no. of points I wanted to deduct)
Similarly, I had to call another line for Corporate plan, but the operator did not offer to divert me . The corporate service line was screwed up, upon dialing the line, I was prompted to key in my corporate mobile number, no other options. Hey, I dun have one, that's why I am calling to apply for one ! But nevertheless, I keyed in my mum's number which is under my brother's corporate plan from Singtel. I got thru to Customer Service, who could not get what I was trying to say. (How come u dun understand me when the other 2 companies could?!). Worse, he kept saying "Have u tried asking ur HR?" Finally, I got fed up, I lashed out at the customer service officer "WHY CANT U CHECK FOR ME WHETHER THERE IS ANY CORPORATE PLAN FOR MY COMPANY WHEN STARHUB AND M1 COULD?!!!" bo pian, he asked for my organisation and went to check. (hmm.. so losing ur temper works).. unfortunately he came back to say there was no corporate plan, which I dun believe. My company had circulated one for us early this year i am sure, except i threw it away.. oh well, since they dun want my biz, I will not bother. The reception for this call was pretty lousy. I called from a fixed phone line, but the other side seemed to get cut off quite abit and I could hear 'ssss shshhhhh' sounds in the background. What an irony for the telco with the strongest signals in Singapore...

No comments: