Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two Boutiques, Worlds Apart

I used to like clothes from LittleMatchGal. But I have since boycotted them. Simple reason - I do not condone their 'No Trying' policy during sales period. If their clothes were $5 / $10 , I can understand. But at $19.90 / $24.90, no trying is NOT Acceptable for me. So ok, NO TRY = NO BUY.

Then recently, there was a major BYSI sale. Saw a rack of clothes at $10 each. Can try. Ok, it fits, buy. Hey, what's with the slow cashier? First time I encountered such slow payment at the cashier counter. When it was my turn, I understood why. The cashier examined my discounted skirt carefully and checked a few times. hmmm.. i had tried on the piece and i'm sure there were no defects. She spotted two slight stains and pointed out to me the skirt was defective in these areas, hence it was on sale. "All sale items have some defects, that's why they are on sale" she declared to me and of cos, sales items are non-refundable. Okay, i still want the skirt anyway. But I was impressed with her ethics. First time I come across an ethical business. Amazing.

No comments: