Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I dun need this!

Stupid bank officer called me on my mobile
Bank: Is it convenient to talk to you now?
Me: What is it regarding? (I bet a million bucks that it is some sales pitch)
Bank: It is regarding this new cash credit offer we have
(aiya, I won my million bucks bet. but with who?)
Me: I dun need it
Bank: Yes but it is free right now if you apply
Me: I dun need it
Bank: Yes but we are offering you a credit limit 2 times your salary
Me: I dun need it, I dun need it…I dun need it (My mind went into ‘auto switch off’ mode, and I am about to yawn thanks to my repetitive and limited response)
Bank: Ok thank you bye.
Stupid bank officer just bulldozed my response away without comprehending. Hello?! You understand English or not? Dun need means dun need! I dun care what kind of good offers you have. What’s the point of free application when I dun need it?! If u offer me free coffeemaker + free blender + free voucher… I can still consider your offer. You think your ‘free application’ is a damn good deal that I will jump at the chance? Wake up your idea … other banks offer better freebies than you.

Must be too much coffee in the morning that’s making me so jumpy.

On another note, I am really apprehensive when it comes to dealing with POSB and DBS, since they used to be government banks. I imagine bureaucracies and lousy service when it comes to these 2 banks. Hence for years, I have not had any dealings with them. Due to the lure of the POSB everyday card, I sign up for it, n was enticed to get a DBS Black card because of the free coffeemaker stated in the brochure. Nonetheless, when I received my Black card, there was no indication of free coffeemaker at all. Called up the customer service who got back to me 3 days later at night (when I was asleep). I vaguely remembered the conversation that the promotion has ended, so I will not be getting the coffeemaker. Forgot if I had asked to cancel the card then. Nevertheless, I shall send a ‘feedback’ letter to them while canceling my card. After all, I dun need this card.

No comments: