Monday, May 07, 2007

I am the first

I like to read other people’s blogs. And like many others, I also flock to the sites of popular bloggers eg: Singapore’s most famous blogger, Malaysia’s most famous blogger etc. Being famous and popular blogsites, each blog entry is usually followed by numerous comments from readers / fans / friends. However, one silly thing I noticed is that, many times, the comments are just non-constructive. Most of the time I dun read the comments, but inevitably when we scroll to the end of the blog entry, we would chance upon the first few comments. The worst belongs to those who finding themselves being the first to leave a comment, happily notes “Hey, I am the first”. It’s so meaningless and pathetic to proclaim yourself as the first to leave a comment in a blog entry and the content of the comment is to announce yourself as ‘first’. Of course, it is even more blood puking if you also chanced upon the second comment that goes “and I am the second!” Maybe it would be interesting to note and tally how many pathetic sheep counting commentors (sorry, no such word, but u get what I mean) are there on average.

No comments: