Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mean Spidey

Is Spiderman III better than the earlier 2 shows? I’m not so sure cos I dun remember the first 2 anymore. I think I like Spiderman 1, but not Spiderman 2. Part 3 isnt too bad too, cos there are more good looking villains. I dun like Tobey Maguire (as Spiderman) or Kirsten Dunst (as Mary Jane). To me, both r not good looking enough to be the lead actor/actress in A-list shows. I even saw sagging double chins on them at certain angles. And when they wanted to portray Spiderman as charming, aggressive and woman magnet instead of nerdy goody boy, Tobey Maguire did all sorts of groovy moves to make him seem slick, hip and cool.. But to me, he just CMI. Trying hard, but still din make it. The transformation was not convincing and he just seemed like a nerd trying to be cool. I watched Spiderman, but I like the villains James Franco (as Harry Osburn) and Topher Grace (as Eddie Brock) better. And Mr Sandman reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger....

Oh ya, there’s a lot of blockbusters coming up. Saw the trailer for Pirates of the Carribean – World’s End (part 3). Inside, Chow Yun Fatt tells the world ‘I’m a pirate from Singapore’.. LOL! I wonder how much did our government contribute to the show for this advertisement. What a way to brand Singapore.

No comments: